NOTE: This is not an AD or a sponsored post, I genuinely love this site.
I have not heard many people talking about this site, so I presume it isn’t well known.
About 6 months ago, I was baking cakes with my friend Ben, and he had music playing. He had such a wide selection of music, that I was impressed and had to asked him about it. He told me, it wasn’t on his computer, it wasn’t even his! He was using a site called 8tracks.com. Which is an internet radio streaming site, and it’s legal.
8tracks say “8tracks is handcrafted internet radio. It offers a simple way for people to share and discover music through an online mix, a short playlist containing at least 8 tracks.”
- You can use it without signing up, but if you sign up you can save your favourite playlist and the site will suggest playlists based on what you’ve liked.
- It’s free :D. You can subscribe for about $4.16 a month for the no ad version and some other perks.
- The ads don’t interrupting the music, they’re placed on the actual site.
- The playlists are created by the users, which in my opinion is one of the best features of 8tracks. Infinite possibilities. you can create playlist if you want as well.
- Living in Japan, I can not use Spotify or Pandora, they aren’t available here. 8 tracks isn’t restricted like that.
- The iPhone apps is pretty intuitive and actually works.That surprised me, as sometimes apps just don’t work.
- You can favourite tracks within a playlist. I love this feature. There is a section in your home page of all your favourited tracks, which you can either buy or play on YouTube.
- It’s great for introducing you to new music.
- There is a social aspect but I never use it for that to be honest. I’ve got twitter, instagram, Facebook, tumblr…..etc etc I’m too lazy to interact on 8tracks.
- I like the search feature. You can search not just for genres but for moods, seasons, artist etc.
What’s not so great?
Emm not a whole lot to be honest.
- As the playlist are created by the users, a playlist that one person will associated with summer or relaxing. Might not be true for another. However they are so many playlist you can always find something suited to your tastes. I have 45 liked playlists and about 100 in my listen later list.
This is one of my favourite site. I love how easy it is to use and how many different playlists there are. This is my profile @8tracks http://8tracks.com/uk2tokyo
Check it out and let me know what your favourite playlist is 🙂 and you user name!
Thank you for reading and please leave a comment.